You have no items in your shopping cart.
We are constantly asked what the benefits are of olive oil versus other types of oils. Aside from the drastic difference in the taste and quality of our olive oils vs other oils, there are many other health benefits of olive oil.
The list of the benefits of olive oil is a long one. There are so many benefits of olive oil, in fact, that you might wonder how you can fit more of it into your diet on a daily basis.
Benefits of Olive Oil
- It is full of Antioxidants: Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants, which can prevent the formation of LDL Cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). Too much LDL Cholesterol will eventually cause blockages in your veins, leading to the possibility of a heart attack.
- It is full of Monounsaturated Fats: The predominant fatty acid in olive oil is called oleic acid. Oleic acid helps reduce inflammation and is believed to have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
- It reduces Inflammation: One of the antioxidants in olive oil, oleocanthal, has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body - similar to the drug ibuprofen. High levels of inflammation in the body has been shown to be the cause of many of the most common diseases, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimers, rheumatoid arthritis, blood pressure and even obesity.
- It reduces Risk of Stroke: Due to its high levels of monounsaturated fats, it has been shown that those who consume large amounts of olive oil consistently have a significantly lower risk of having a stroke, than those who do not.
- It won't make you fat!: Most people have heard that the Mediterranean diet is extremely healthy. Well one of the main ingredients in that diet is olive oil. Again, those wonderful antioxidants olive oil will go into your blood stream and eventually lead to weight loss, studies have found.
- It is anti-bacterial: Olive oil has several nutrients in it that can kill harmful bacteria, particularly Helicobacter pylori, which is a bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.
- It is a great moisturizer!: Do you have dandruff? Is your hair dry from too many products? Chapped skin? Do you have eyelashes that won't grow? It has been proven that the application of Extra Virgin Olive Oil will not only hydrate dry skin and hair, but will also stimulate the hair follicles and promote growth!
- It improves the body's essential functions: Olive oil helps move things along inside your body too - easing the expelling of toxins from your stomach, pancreas and intestines.
- Olive Oil will help you live longer!: When you read about all of the benefits Olive Oil provides, it is no surprise to hear that the consistent consumption of high quality olive oil will make you a healthier person, which will elongate your life immensely!