You have no items in your shopping cart.
Kabobs are always fun and festive, whether served to your family or when you have friends over for a BBQ. You can have kabobs ready ahead of time or guests may participate in the fun of threading their own arrangement on the skewers. The marinade is a winner with our Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1½ lbs. sirloin or ribeye steak (approximately 1″ thick)
1 fresh pineapple
1 bunch fresh basil, torn into small pieces
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp of our Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Fresh ground pepper
8 wooden or metal skewers (if using wood, soak in warm water for 30 minutes prior to grilling)
1. In a large container (preferably with a lid), mix together the soy sauce, 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic and a substantial amount of pepper. This is your marinade.
2. Cube beef into 1″ cubes and toss into marinade. Leave to marinate for 1 hour or as long as 24 hours.
3. Cut pineapple into chunks.
4. Toss pineapple with basil, 1 Tbsp oil and loads of fresh pepper. Let that sit for 30 minutes or so.
5. Thread steak and pineapple, alternating between the two, onto skewers.
6. Grill on a BBQ for 10-15 minutes (for medium rare), turning often to sear all sides.
Adapted from The Guilty Kitchen